Museum Studies is an interdisciplinary program housed in Anthropology that serves multiple departments in the Colleges of Liberal Arts and Sciences and of Fine and Applied Arts. The program offers a graduate minor in museum studies, effective Fall 2009. An undergraduate minor in museum studies is currently undergoing approval.
Museum Studies courses available for Spring Semester 2013 include:
- ARTE 260 Museums in Action
- ARTH 491Collecting Asia (AH majors only)
- HIST 314 Material Culture
- LIS 490 Museum Informatics (online course)
- LIS590 exhibition section
- MUSE 250 The World through Museums
- MUSE 440 Museum Registration
If you are aware of other Spring 2013 or subsequent course offerings relevant to museum studies, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Graduate Students
Basic information about the graduate minor is available at Programs of Study, University of Illinois. A summary of the graduate curriculum is also available as a pdf flyer at GradMinor Flyer. Forms for declaring your intent to pursue the minor, tracking your progress in the minor, and completing your capstone project can be started electronically and then printed for signatures:
- Museum Studies Graduate Minor Intent Form
- Museum Studies Graduate Progress Form
- Museum Studies Graduate Capstone Form
Look here for additional information about both graduate and undergraduate curricula, museum studies events and links to resources later this year. Please direct questions in the meantime to Susan Frankenberg, Museum Studies Program Coordinator.